1) Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
2) Give yourself some “Me Time”.
3) Get away with your spouse or significant other.
4) Keep the lines of communication open.
5) A label is just a word. It’s not defining. Don’t take it personally. It is just a way to get the help your child needs.
6) It’s not your fault. Things just happen.
7) You are not alone in your situation.
8) You can seek out others who are going through the same situation. There are others.
9) I have thought, “Why me?” But when my child’s geneticist said, “Why not you?” I couldn’t answer that. It just is. It is what it is.